Utilities & Energy
Most projects in BC face the distinct challenge of being developed in forested environments. Chartwell’s experience specializing in forestry projects allows us to provide an efficient and cost effective alternative when compared to professional engineering service providers.
Chartwell offers a full suite of services for utility and energy resource planning within a resource environment.
- Field engineering and surveying of access roads, transmission line right of ways and tower locations
- New corridor clearing and access, estimating, design and implementation
- Asset Inventories
- GIS mapping, analysis, data management and LiDAR applications;
- Permit application and digital submission to provincial government ministries for forestry license to cut
- Visual impact assessments
- Windthrow assessments and danger tree evaluations
- Forestry impact assessments
- Field engineering, applications and permitting
- Project implementation, management and construction/ environmental supervision
Our Project Managers have the knowledge and experience in developing and maintaining utility systems in the complex environment. We are experts in the management of multiple land use issues over public and private lands so we can anticipate potential setbacks in order to avoid cost and schedule issues. We have established working relationships with professional service providers including geoscientists, engineers, wildlife biologists, fisheries biologists, archaeologists, timber harvesting and road building firms which allow us to provide a complete service package.
We also have extensive expertise in acquiring and utilizing LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) data. LiDAR is an essential technology in the planning, development, construction and management of resource projects. Our Engineers, Foresters and resource professionals pride themselves on being able to use this technology to provide cost effective solutions to clients. Our team is committed to work closely with clients to provide tailored products or service solutions to meet the unique demands of each project.